Gustavus is just right for your Alaska vacation!
- Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve
- The Nature Conservancy’s Forelands Preserve – part of 17 miles of wild, open beach lands
- Fishing – Salt and Freshwater
- Whale Watching – and Nature Tours
- Kayaking – Guided and Unguided Trips
- Hiking, Beachcombing and Biking
- Golfing – Privately Owned at Public Course Prices
- Galleries and Artists’ Studios
Gustavus is ideally situated on Icy Strait, in northern southeast Alaska, a short flight from Juneau via jet or air taxi. Home to 450 people, Gustavus is surrounded by Glacier Bay National Park and is adjacent to the Tongass National Forest, with 360-degree views of snow-capped mountains. In summer, wildflowers bloom in the fields and rain-kissed vegetables grow in local gardens. The Salmon River meanders through town, where occasional visitors include moose, eagles and maybe a bear or two.
Then explore this site to find everything you need to plan your trip. For more information, contact individual businesses or call or write the Gustavus Visitors Association, P.O. Box 167, Gustavus, AK 99826. Our number is 907-697-2454.
Whether you want time to relax with your family and friends or seek solace in the wilderness, Gustavus is the place. Come to Gustavus for a week, stay for two, gather memories for a lifetime. Gustavus – it’s just right!
See Alaska/Horizon Air Special Offers for Glacier Bay and Gustavus! Click on links below and 'read more' for Savings and web-Specials! www.alaskaair.com